As writers, we see trends come and go. Historical fiction. Forty-day books. Chick-lit series. Testimonials. If we look to follow the current trend, we're too late. There's a new book fade stepping up to take center stage. So how can we stay above the latest happenings in publishing?
I'll be honest: I don't know. I've heard try to think ahead of the market. I've heard stick with your passion and eventually it'll be back in style. Any random thoughts out there?
I think regardless of trends our best work is done with our whole heart. Time, talent, work, and sacrifice. Nothing less will do.
- ► 2010 (128)
- ► 2009 (162)
- ► 2008 (209)
- So, What Did You Do This Year?
- Highlighting a New Writers Blog
- Punting This Post
- Networking Matters
- A Book Just For the Fun of It
- If a Picture is Worth a Thousand Words #4
- Trends Change
- Reasons to be a Writer--the Short List
- A Thanksgiving Wish
- Writer Montage
- One Thing Every Writer Must Have
- Let's Get This Blog Started Contest-Part 2
- If a Picture is Worth a Thousand Words # 3
- And The Winner Is:
- Here's a Thought
- Thinking Out Loud
- A List Worth Keeping: Top 55 Reference Websites
- Recommended Reading
- If a Picture's Worth a Thousand Words 2
- How Can I Get Noticed?
- Who is a Writer?
- The Inner Critic Battle
- Blog of the Week: The Answer Man
- Tips on Working With Editors
- Talking About Books
- If a Picture is Worth a Thousand Words . . .
- Why Blah, Blah, Blog?
- Quote for the Week of November 2, 2007
- ▼ November (29)