headerheaderheaderheader
photo

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Thinking Out Loud

As I've thought about what to post today, I keep coming up with the same thoughts. No tips today. I'm out of fresh ideas. Just thinking out loud.

As writers, we are full of ideas and creativity. Well, some days we are anyway. I have probably 100 documents started. Devotions. Outlines. Articles. Queries and rough drafts. My question is what can I do with all of this chaos?

I've heard pick the "one" topic you are passionate about right now and start there. Okay, what if I'm not sure? What if I like all of them? Then what? Can a writer be effective with more than one project going at once? If so, how?

What are your strategies with your WIP(work-in-progress)? I'm hoping I'm not the only writer overloaded with Word docs. Maybe I have a devotional book in the making.

I'd love to hear your take on this topic. I'd love to know I'm not alone.

***Drawing winner will be announced tomorrow. ***

4 comments:

Megs said...

Until now, I've had no success with working with more than one project. I have to be swept away by a WIP and follow it until the end.

Now I'm working with several things and I'm trying to give them equal attention. Right now my strategy is to assign days to different things. Monday is new novel; tuesday is collaborative project; Wednesday, research; etc.

Susan Skitt said...

Still have my hand in the project pot... stirring until ready...

Lots going on too, so like you, I'm lookin' to bring some of those writings up to temp. and not just leave them half-cooked :)

Tea with Tiffany said...

Thanks, Megs and Susan, for your thoughts. I'm glad I'm not the only one a variety of projects brewing.

Keep pressing on. And update me if you have something published..

Susan Skitt said...

Tiff, just had a devotional as a contributing author published through Tyndale... It's so amazing to see God open doors... Our Lord is full of surprises!

Blog Archive