Do you ever find the writing process draining? Or do you enjoy every rewrite and rejection?
If you're like me, you mumble, "It's not worth it," certain days. So what can you do to get over the hump of discouragement? For me, it's been one thing. And that is having a cheerleader. Someone who believes in my writing, someone who encourages me, someone who challenges me to grow in the craft. Dare I credit Beth on our blog? Sorry I must.
Because of Beth, I'm a published writer. I've finished the Christian Writers Guild course. She comforted me when I wanted to quit. We've attended four writing conferences together now. Beth came along early in my writing journey. She was farther along the writing road than me. I felt intimidated, yet Beth took time to meet with me and train me. She was my mentor. And her support has made all the difference.
I still go through my doubts about once a year. Beth patiently listens and then speaks words of motivation to me. I ponder her words, shed a tear, and start again. Writing, rewriting, submitting and waiting.
It's a writer's life.
Who's your cheerleader? Do you have one?
***Don't forget to post a comment to enter our giveaway. See Monday's post for details.***
- ► 2010 (128)
- ► 2009 (162)
- ► 2008 (209)
- So, What Did You Do This Year?
- Highlighting a New Writers Blog
- Punting This Post
- Networking Matters
- A Book Just For the Fun of It
- If a Picture is Worth a Thousand Words #4
- Trends Change
- Reasons to be a Writer--the Short List
- A Thanksgiving Wish
- Writer Montage
- One Thing Every Writer Must Have
- Let's Get This Blog Started Contest-Part 2
- If a Picture is Worth a Thousand Words # 3
- And The Winner Is:
- Here's a Thought
- Thinking Out Loud
- A List Worth Keeping: Top 55 Reference Websites
- Recommended Reading
- If a Picture's Worth a Thousand Words 2
- How Can I Get Noticed?
- Who is a Writer?
- The Inner Critic Battle
- Blog of the Week: The Answer Man
- Tips on Working With Editors
- Talking About Books
- If a Picture is Worth a Thousand Words . . .
- Why Blah, Blah, Blog?
- Quote for the Week of November 2, 2007
- ▼ November (29)