I'm on deck today with a sick kiddo, which is no fun for her or for me. And I am going to punt this post. In other words, I am going to keep it brief.
And all I can say is Thank you, God, for people who compile lists.
5 Reasons to be Persistent and Patient
- You have to be. It is a necessary part of being a writer.
- Being patient and persistent works. The people who make it as writers are those who have practiced patience and persistence for years.
- It's saner, more comfortable, and less stressful than being impatient and giving up.
- Decisions, pieces of writing, and careers all need time to grow, mature and ripen.
- Editors, agents, and other publishing people are often overwhelmingly busy, and thus slow to respond to writers.
Excerpt from 1,818 Ways to Write Better & Get Published by Scott Edelstein
**Post Comments to be entered in our Let's Get This Blog Started Contest Part 2. You have a chance to win Writing for the Soul by Jerry B. Jenkins.**