If you're like me, you have a teetering, tottering To Be Read Pile. I'll tell you what's in my pile, if you tell me what's in yours. Of course, this means I have to check out the pile on my desk and the pile by my chair and the pile by my bed and the pile in the bathroom . . .
Without further ado: Beth's To Be Read Pile
- Splitting Harriet by Tamara Leigh (Actually, I finished reading this, but now I need to review it for this blog. I guess I need to start a To Be Reviewed Pile! Spoiler: I loved it!)
- Speak Through the Wind by Allison Pittman
- God is in the Small Stuff at Christmas by Bruce and Stan
- Blacktop Cowboys by Ty Phillips
- Wisdom of Our Fathers by Tim Russert
- You're Only Young Twice: 10 Do-Overs to Reawakan Your Spirit by Ronda Beaman (I just may move this up to the top of my pile!)
- Heard for the First Time by Susan D. Miller
- A Walk with Jane Austen by Lori Smith
- Alone in Marriage by Susie Larson (This is really the next book I am reading! Not because I need to, but because I know Susie and because this book is doing well right now.)
- 90 Minutes in Heaven by Don Piper
There's one more book on fatherhood, but I left it in my car, which is now at the mechanics. Ugh. I will tell you that I love the cover of the book. That saying, "Don't judge a book by its cover?" You know it's not true! We all do just that! We look at the cover, then we flip the book over and scan the back cover copy real quick to see if it catches our interest. If it does, then we open the book and skim the first couple of pages. And, if we like what we see--cover, back cover, first couple of pages--we buy the book.
So, what's in your To Be Read Pile?