The editorial board over at eBizMBA (tagline: Everything You Need to Know About Ebusiness) compiled an amazing list of the Top 55 Reference Websites. My writing comrade, Scoti, aka The Research Guru, could spend weeks trolling through this list.
Writing=Research. And research often means wondering, "Where do I find the answer to this question?"
Well, here's 55 good places to start!
Here's a sneak peek at some of the sites:
Howstuffworks explains hundreds of subjects, from car engines to lock-picking to ESP, using clear language and tons of illustrations.
Learn how to do just about everything at ehow, the world's most popular place to find How To instructions.
Your source for famous quotes and quotations from thousands of famous people.
Listed as The World's Biggest Show and Tell, Instructables and Real Simple are giving you a chance to share your most delicious holiday recipe shortcuts and win great prizes. A quick glance at how-tos included: how to make your own medicine ball and how to make a safety pin from a straight pin. Okay, then.
Check out eBizMBA's Top 55 references. Find any new favorites? Got any favorites they forgot to mention?
***Today's the last day to be part of our Let's Give This Blog Started Giveaway. All comments until the 15th will be part of our drawing.***
- ► 2010 (128)
- ► 2009 (162)
- ► 2008 (209)
- So, What Did You Do This Year?
- Highlighting a New Writers Blog
- Punting This Post
- Networking Matters
- A Book Just For the Fun of It
- If a Picture is Worth a Thousand Words #4
- Trends Change
- Reasons to be a Writer--the Short List
- A Thanksgiving Wish
- Writer Montage
- One Thing Every Writer Must Have
- Let's Get This Blog Started Contest-Part 2
- If a Picture is Worth a Thousand Words # 3
- And The Winner Is:
- Here's a Thought
- Thinking Out Loud
- A List Worth Keeping: Top 55 Reference Websites
- Recommended Reading
- If a Picture's Worth a Thousand Words 2
- How Can I Get Noticed?
- Who is a Writer?
- The Inner Critic Battle
- Blog of the Week: The Answer Man
- Tips on Working With Editors
- Talking About Books
- If a Picture is Worth a Thousand Words . . .
- Why Blah, Blah, Blog?
- Quote for the Week of November 2, 2007
- ▼ November (29)