headerheaderheaderheader
photo

Friday, November 16, 2007

Here's a Thought

Never throw up on an editor.
~Ellen Datlow




I read this quote and laughed. The admonition: Never throw up on an editor reminded me of my article "I Think I'm Gonna' Be Sick."
It's okay to write a lousy first draft. It's obligatory. Really.
Just don't send that oh-so-wretched first draft to an editor. That's why you re-write. And re-write again. So that an editor receives the final copy that sings.
Thoughts, anyone?



****Tiffany and I are searching for a randomizer to help us choose our winner of the Let's Get This Blog Started Giveaway, which ended yesterday. Everyone who posted comments from Nov. 1st-Nov. 15th is entered in the drawing.
Keep posting, because we are starting another giveaway today!!! Maybe we'll call it: Let's Get This Blog Started Giveaway Part 2--or maybe we'll think of something snazzier by Monday. Keep commenting. And check back to find out who our first winner is and what the next prize is!****

No comments:

Blog Archive