Never throw up on an editor.~Ellen DatlowI read this quote and laughed. The admonition: Never throw up on an editor reminded me of my article "I Think I'm Gonna' Be Sick."It's okay to write a lousy first draft. It's obligatory. Really.Just don't send that oh-so-wretched first draft to an editor. That's why you re-write. And re-write again. So that an editor receives the final copy that sings.Thoughts, anyone?****Tiffany and I are searching for a randomizer to help us choose our winner of the Let's Get This Blog Started Giveaway, which ended yesterday. Everyone who posted comments from Nov. 1st-Nov. 15th is entered in the drawing.Keep posting, because we are starting another giveaway today!!! Maybe we'll call it: Let's Get This Blog Started Giveaway Part 2--or maybe we'll think of something snazzier by Monday. Keep commenting. And check back to find out who our first winner is and what the next prize is!****
Friday, November 16, 2007
Posted by Beth K. Vogt at 7:10 AM
- ► 2010 (128)
- ► 2009 (162)
- ► 2008 (209)
- So, What Did You Do This Year?
- Highlighting a New Writers Blog
- Punting This Post
- Networking Matters
- A Book Just For the Fun of It
- If a Picture is Worth a Thousand Words #4
- Trends Change
- Reasons to be a Writer--the Short List
- A Thanksgiving Wish
- Writer Montage
- One Thing Every Writer Must Have
- Let's Get This Blog Started Contest-Part 2
- If a Picture is Worth a Thousand Words # 3
- And The Winner Is:
- Here's a Thought
- Thinking Out Loud
- A List Worth Keeping: Top 55 Reference Websites
- Recommended Reading
- If a Picture's Worth a Thousand Words 2
- How Can I Get Noticed?
- Who is a Writer?
- The Inner Critic Battle
- Blog of the Week: The Answer Man
- Tips on Working With Editors
- Talking About Books
- If a Picture is Worth a Thousand Words . . .
- Why Blah, Blah, Blog?
- Quote for the Week of November 2, 2007
- ▼ November (29)