"Life is tons of discipline. Your first discipline is your vocabulary; then your grammar and your punctuation Then, in your exuberance and bounding energy you say you're going to add to that. Then you add rhyme and meter. And your delight is in that power."—Robert Frost
RhymeZone, an easy-to-use rhyming dictionary, helps you write poetry, song lyrics, greeting cards, term papers, and more. Use RhymeZone to explore relationships between words. You can use it as a springboard to find pictures, documents, and other multimedia items related to a particular concept that you're writing about. Discover how your word is used in the context of famous quotes, poems, and plays.
- Find rhymes: This function will return words that rhyme with the word you typed in.
- Find synonyms: This function will return words that are the same or similar in meaning to the word you typed in.
- Find anonyms: This function will return words that can mean the opposite of what you typed in.
- Find definition: This function will search for definitions of the word you typed in. It will also allow you to submit your query to other online dictionaries on the Web.
- Find homophones: This function will return words that have exactly the same pronunciation as what you typed in but are spelled differently.
- Find similar sounding words: This function will return words that have a pronunciation that's similar, but not necessarily the same, as what you typed in.
- Match consonants: This option will return words that have the same pattern of consonant sounds. Phonetic, for example, will return fanatic.
- Find related words: This option will return words that are related in some important way to what you typed in.
- Find similar spellings: This option will return words in the dictionary that are spelled similarly to what you typed in. Use this feature to spell-check a word that you aren't sure of.
- Match these letters: This option will return words and phrases that contain the letters you type in.
- Search for pictures: This function will search for kids-friendly pictures on the Web related to the word you typed in.
- Search in Shakespeare: This function will search all of Shakespeare's plays and poems for your word.
Online Rhyming Dictionary
Online Rhyming Dictionary lets you find five types of rhymes: end rhymes, beginning rhymes, double rhymes, first syllable rhymes and last syllable rhymes.
Online Rhyming Dictionary Features
- Database contains 93,000 words.
- Click on specific word and read its meaning on Merriam Webster dictionary