headerheaderheaderheader
photo

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Blog of the Week: The Answer Man

It's not what you know but who you know.

That adage is true along the writing road too. Soon after I stepped back into the writing world, I met Chip MacGregor. I could say a lot about Chip. Things like:


  • He's been all over the writing world: writer, editor, agent
  • He's proud of his Scottish heritage
  • He's written books on magic (card tricks, to be exact)
  • He does not suffer fools gladly--and I mean that in the best possible way

If you want to learn about the alternate universe we writers reside in, check out Chip's blog at ChipMacGregor.com. His tagline says it all: Publishing tips, insights, and wisdom from a seasoned pro in the book business.

Recent posts include:

  • Authors, Markets, and What to Read Next
  • What a Fiction Publisher is Thinking
  • Approaching Agents

I could say a lot about Chip. I'll say one thing: I trust him. Okay, make it two: I respect him.

Back when I was brainstorming my idea for a book about late-in-life motherhood, Chip steered me clear of my original idea. He knew what publishers were looking for--and my format (a compilation book) wasn't it. I joked that he'd torpedoed my book. He said, "It's a good idea. You just need to figure out a different way to write the book."

Get thee hence to ChipMacGregor.com.









****Don't forget to join in our Let's Get This Blog Started Giveaway. You're entered just by posting comments during through November 15th.****


4 comments:

Praise and Coffee said...

Thank you for this link- what a wonderful resource!
Blessings,
Sue

Beth K. Vogt said...

Chip knows his stuff!

Tea with Tiffany said...

I love Chip's honesty and his spunk. I enjoy getting his blog emailed to me whenever he posts. Someday I'll write in a question on his blog. First, I need a smart question as I know he doesn't like dumb ones. LOL!

Linda Harris said...

I just started following Chip's blog. I appreciate that he answers so many questions.

Blog Archive