headerheaderheaderheader
photo

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Book Suggestion: Reading Between the Lines by Rick Hamlin


It's said you can't judge a book by it's cover, but we all do.
And, the truth is, I picked up Rick Hamlin's book Reading Between the Lines because I liked the title and the cover.
And once I opened the book, I liked the way Hamlin wrote. He has an unassuming writing voice. He doesn't yell at you with lots of over-the-top action or leave you dangling with cliff-hangers.
Instead, Hamlin's writing drew me into the lives of his characters. I cared about what happened to Jim and Elizabeth. I found myself wanting to read at stoplights ... and when I'd finished Reading Between the Lines, I skipped back to favorite sections of the book to re-read them.
I'll borrow one of the reviews from over at Amazon to give you a feel for Hamlin's book:

"Reading between the Lines is a unique tale of faith and romance, written
with surpassing charm and humor. Rick Hamlin finds magic in the lives of Jim
Lockhart and Elizabeth Ash, two busy but lonely New Yorkers. Beautifully drawn characters and imaginative plot twists make this a truly engaging -- and
enormously satisfying -- love story."
-- F. Paul Driscoll -- Editor in Chief, Opera News


Why a review from Opera News, you might wonder. Hamlin's book is set in the world of actors and actresses and musicians living and working and falling in love in New York.
So, there's another suggestion for your To Be Read (TBR) pile. I know I'll be looking for more books by Hamlin to add to my TBR pile!

No comments:

Blog Archive