headerheaderheaderheader
photo

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Word Play and Free Rice



As writers, we love words.

Here's a chance to play a word game and help end world hunger.

The game is simple:

Go to FreeRice and start testing your knowledge of word defintions. For every word you get right, 20 grains of rice are donated through the United Nations World Food Program. Five words equals 100 grains of rice. As of December 19th, 10,238,535,870 grains of rice had been donated.

The game is addicting. If you answer correctly, the words get harder. If you answer incorrectly, you get an easier word. It's fun to see your little bowl fill up over and over again with virtual grains of rice!


(With thanks to my writing friend, Linda, who first pointed this site out to me. And for my son Josh, who is also a writer, for reminding me about it!)

1 comment:

Loree Arrington said...

I love this game!! And you're right, it's addicting! Thank you for sharing.