I live 8 minutes from New Life Church, the site of one of the shootings yesterday in Colorado.
Sometimes life is ... unexplainable. Painfully unexplainable.
I don't know why I tend to watch the news over and over. Maybe it's the journalist/reporter in me. I know what it's like to be on deadline and to need a story--the details, the quotes. And I remember the dance between the media and the police: How much information will they give out? (Answer: not much.)
I think sometimes I'm waiting for a bit of good news to come out of something so, so horribly tragic ... and I keep praying for the victims who've been injured, and for the security guard who saved so many lives by confronting the shooter at New Life Church.
And, yes, I know this post has nothing to do with writing--and yet, in an odd way it does. We write from our hearts, don't we? And all that is in my heart at this moment feels like unshed tears for all those who were killed yesterday--and their family and friends.
I pray for God to comfort them.
- ► 2010 (128)
- ► 2009 (162)
- ► 2008 (209)
- Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
- Word Play and Free Rice
- Winding Down the Writing Year
- Pick One Goal for 2008
- What's the Word? W00t!
- If A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words #6
- An Agent's Blog Worth Visiting
- It's the Most-Busiest Time of the Year
- Praying for the Victims of the Colorado Shootings
- Where Have All The Writers Gone?
- If a Picture is Worth a Thousand Words # 5
- Find Your Voice
- And Our Second Winner Is:
- Okay, You Tell Me ...
- NaBloPoMo is Over!
- ▼ December (15)