Writing gets squeezed out this time of year--unless you have a lingering deadline or two.
And if you are wrapping up an assignment--Congratulations!!
But writing is trumped by other things right now: hosting my husband's office party, which was postponed because I got the flu; shopping for presents; trying to craft the annual Christmas letter; attending a few other celebrations ... and so it goes.
Connections, the magazine I edit for MOPS, goes to print tomorrow. One more thing to cross off the To Do list.
I'm sure I'm not the only writer who's finding real life is dictating how much time is spent in the alternate universe of the writing world.
I encourage you to go with the flow. Put writing on the backburner--unless you too hold fast to the annual Christmas letter tradition--and enjoy the season of celebrating a reason to sing Joy to the World.
- ► 2010 (128)
- ► 2009 (162)
- ► 2008 (209)
- Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
- Word Play and Free Rice
- Winding Down the Writing Year
- Pick One Goal for 2008
- What's the Word? W00t!
- If A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words #6
- An Agent's Blog Worth Visiting
- It's the Most-Busiest Time of the Year
- Praying for the Victims of the Colorado Shootings
- Where Have All The Writers Gone?
- If a Picture is Worth a Thousand Words # 5
- Find Your Voice
- And Our Second Winner Is:
- Okay, You Tell Me ...
- NaBloPoMo is Over!
- ▼ December (15)