I wished you'd been with me and Scoti and Tiffany last weekend at the Writing for the Soul Conference. It was time well spent. Sure, the location was beautiful--the Broadmoor Hotel in Colorado Springs. But the best parts were the people we met and the speakers who poured their hearts and souls and passion into us. How could we not want to be better writers?
I'll let you eavesdrop on some of the things we heard during general sessions and workshops. Get your pens out and be ready to take notes!
- Take advice from everybody--even your editor. ~ Author Lee Strobel
- The worse part is the dreading it. Write! ~ Author Sandra Aldrich
- A Loose Outline for a Novel: Tension, Tears, Triumph ~Sandra Aldrich
- Jesus never bored anyone--and we don't have that right, either. ~ Dr. Dennis Hensley--and he's worth the price of admission!
- Write as simple as possible, but no simpler. ~ Author Richard Lederer
- Metaphor allows us to exceed our grasp. ~ Richard Lederer
- Don't just write. Say something. ~ Richard Lederer
- We've been gifted to write, but we still have to do the work. ~ Sandra Aldrich
- God is the author of your life story. It won't look lik you think. It will be a journey of humility. ~Author Robin Jones Gunn
- Read. Pray. Write. ~Author Bob Hostetler
- Write because you have to. ~Bob Hostetler
- 2 kinds of writers: Hobbyists and Professionals--and both are valid. Hobbyists write what they want to write. Professionals write what others want to read. ~Bob Hostetler
- Writing involves hard, hard work. ~ Bob Hostetler
And that abouts sums it up.