Delacorte Press Books for Young Readers announced their The Twenty-Sixth Annual Delacorte Press Contest for a First Young Adult Novel for ages 12–18.
The prize of a book contract (on the publisher’s standard form) covering world rights for a hardcover and a paperback edition, including an advance and royalties, will be awarded annually to encourage the writing of contemporary young adult fiction.
The award consists of $1,500 in cash and a $7,500 advance against royalties. This contest is open to U.S. and Canadian writers who have not previously published a young adult novel. Employees of Random House, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates, and members of their families and households are not eligible.
Manuscripts must be postmarked after October 1, 2008, but no later than December 31, 2008. Writers will be notified between January and April as the editors evaluate submissions. Final contest results will be announced on their web site on or around April 30, 2009.
For eligibility requirements, manuscript submission details, multiple submissions, mailing address, and judging, click here.
- ► 2010 (128)
- ► 2009 (162)
- Fiction Book Contest for Children’s Writers
- King Story Adapted as Made-for-Mobile Video
- Tools Poets Can Use: Poetry Markets
- Tools Poets Can Use: Poetry Contests
- Tools Poets Can Use: Support and Feedback
- Planning a Detour Off the Writing Road
- Throw Overused Words Under the Bus
- Borders Audiobook Downloads
- Your Writing Platform: The Heart of Your Writing
- Have Fun With Words--I Mean, Wordle!
- Avoid Clichés Like the Plague
- Book Review: Wiser Than Serpents by Susan May Warr...
- Do Writer’s Need to Copyright Their Writing?
- Writers' Contest: Clarity of Night
- Tools You Can Use: Rhyming Dictionaries
- Happy Fourth of July!
- What Do You Call a Group of Critters?
- Build Your Author Platform: Wildfire Marketing
- Write Tight: One Secret of Impressive Writing
- ▼ July (19)