Wanita won the copy of Leave It To Chance by Sherri Sand! Congrats, Wanita! Send me an e-mail via this blog with your address and I'll get the book in the mail to you.
Speaking of contests: There's one over at The Writing Show. It's their third annual First-Chapter-of-a-Novel Contest. The deadline for entering is June 20th. First prize is $1000! Four other cash prizes and ten 750-word critiques also awarded. For more information, go here.
But, here's a quick take on what they're looking for:
We want to find the world's best first chapter of an unpublished novel. Above all, you must tell a compelling story. That means that you have to grab us so quickly, so completely, that we can't stop reading, even if the house is burning down.
And thanks to The Writer's Edge blog for bringing this contest to our attention.
Have at it, all you fiction writers. Let us know if you enter!
- ► 2010 (128)
- ► 2009 (162)
- And The Winner Is . . .
- Taglines: Can You Hear Me Now?
- Find an Online Critique Group
- Blog Tour: Your Chance To Win a Copy of Sweet Caro...
- Memorial Day 2008
- Word Lover Alert
- Prayer for Unemployed Writers
- Author Interview with Sherri Sand: Part 2
- "Got Ya Back" or "Got Your Back"?
- Author Interview: Sherri Sand, Author of Leave It ...
- Write an “It’s Great” Query Letter
- Online Author Video--What Will They Think of Next?...
- Is There a Rejection Letter Vaccination?
- Check It Out: Advanced Fiction Writing Blog
- Tips for Coping with Rejection
- 8 1/2 Steps to Writing Better, Faster
- Writing Whiplash
- For Your Blogging Pleasure
- The Struggle for Recognition
- To Kindle or Not to Kindle, That is the Question
- Top Ten Writing Prompts
- Cleaning up the piles and hearing voices
- Short, Sweet and to the Point
- ▼ May (23)