Writers talked about the 2010 ACFW Conference for months before 620 attendees descended on Indianapolis September 17-20 to eat, breathe and talk writing, writing, writing.
Then we came home and talked about how the weekend went--how much sleep we (didn't) have, how many times we pitched our books, which agents or editors requested a proposal--and which ones didn't--and who wore what to the awards banquet. And, yes, we came home with a whole new way to do the writer's "Happy Dance," thanks to Susan May Warren and her line dance finale at the MBT Pizza Party. (Check out the video on YouTube to learn the steps!)
Thanks to the October issue of ACFW's e-zine, Afictionado, you've got another chance to relive the conference. Or, if you didn't get to attend, here's your chance to glean insights from the different workshops and speakers.
E-zine articles include:
- Author Tim Downs' two Keynote Addresses, one on Friday night and one on Saturday
- Dr. Dennis Hensley's workshop on Mastering Structure, Symbols, 3-D Characters
- Agents Rachelle Gardner & Sandra Bishop's workshop on Selling Your Stuff
- Author Terri Blackstock's workshop on Writing Suspense
- Jeff Gerke's workshop on The Last Show vs. Tell Class You'll Ever Need