English is a strange and fascinating language. www.askoxford.com lists words that have no singular form. They include:
Names of instruments: bellows, binoculars, forceps, gallows, glasses, pliers, scissors, shears, and tongs.
Names of articles of dress: braces, briefs, flannels, jeans, knickers, pants, pajamas, shorts, tights, and trousers.
- ► 2010 (128)
- ► 2009 (162)
- Book Review: Act Two: A Novel in Perfect Pitch by ...
- Words Existing Only in the Plural Form
- Author Interview with Marlo Schalesky: Part 2
- Top 25 Most Commonly Used Verbs
- Author Interview with Marlo Schalesky: Part 1
- Is Attention to Detail Your Writing Trademark?
- A Glimpse of One Writer's Journey Along the Writin...
- Get Organized: Submission Tracking Tool
- Beyond the Night by Marlo Schalesky
- Tools You Can Use: The Elements of Style
- AP Stylebook Online
- Find Writers Guidelines for FREE
- Random Quotes for Writers
- Naming Your Unforgettable Character: Tools You Can...
- How Would You Do at the National Spelling Bee?
- Writing to Encourage Others: Devotions that Inspir...
- Tools You Can Use: One Stop Online Dictionary
- Another Cure for Writer's Block
- Tools You Can Use: Unconfuse Confusing Words
- Any Fantasy Writers Out There?
- Tools You Can Use: Avoid Repeated Words Forever
- ▼ June (21)