We all have our paths along the writing road.
My friend Roxanne's travels have taken her places she never imagined. Her dreams of publication have been delayed as she raised 7 children. Home schooled them. Experienced 2 late-in-life pregnancies. And then the unimaginable heartache of the death of her husband just a little more than a year ago.
Within Roxanne beats the heart of a writer. She is talented--I've laughed out loud when reading her WIPs. And she's won several writing awards that back up my claim. But her progress along the writing road has been interrupted by real life.
When I first tried my hand at fiction a few months back--during a time of burnout--the only person I told was Roxanne. She encouraged me. Read my oh-so-rough draft. Offered gentle critiques. I knew I could trust her with my fledgling dream.
For more of Roxanne's story and the lesson's she's gleaned, visit The Seekers, a blog about "writing, contests, publication and everything in between." Roxanne's the guest blogger today.
Friday, June 20, 2008
- ► 2010 (128)
- ► 2009 (162)
- Book Review: Act Two: A Novel in Perfect Pitch by ...
- Words Existing Only in the Plural Form
- Author Interview with Marlo Schalesky: Part 2
- Top 25 Most Commonly Used Verbs
- Author Interview with Marlo Schalesky: Part 1
- Is Attention to Detail Your Writing Trademark?
- A Glimpse of One Writer's Journey Along the Writin...
- Get Organized: Submission Tracking Tool
- Beyond the Night by Marlo Schalesky
- Tools You Can Use: The Elements of Style
- AP Stylebook Online
- Find Writers Guidelines for FREE
- Random Quotes for Writers
- Naming Your Unforgettable Character: Tools You Can...
- How Would You Do at the National Spelling Bee?
- Writing to Encourage Others: Devotions that Inspir...
- Tools You Can Use: One Stop Online Dictionary
- Another Cure for Writer's Block
- Tools You Can Use: Unconfuse Confusing Words
- Any Fantasy Writers Out There?
- Tools You Can Use: Avoid Repeated Words Forever
- ▼ June (21)