Thursday, September 24, 2009
Today, September 24, is the 6th Annual National Punctuation Day®!
I didn't, until I was up way-too late, thanks to an unexpected shot of expresso in my Starbucks pumpkin spice latte. Being a Starbucks novice--I drink ice tea when I go to Starbucks--I did not realize latte = expresso. My more experienced daughters broke the news as I pinged around the kitchen, talking rapidly in an overly-loud voice.
But that is totally beside the point of this blog post.
National Punctuation Day® is, and I quote, "A celebration of the lowly comma, correctly used quotes, and other proper uses of periods, semicolons, and the ever-mysterious ellipsis."
So just how do you celebrate National Punctuation Day®? The Web site gives plenty of suggestions, including:
*Participate in the first National Punctuation Day® Baking Contest. (Bake something in the shape of a question mark or a comma or an exclamation point!)
*Share punctuation peeves with NPD founder Jeff Rubin at Jeff@NationalPunctuationDay.com.
*Send photos of incorrectly punctuated signage to Jeff Rubin at Jeff@NationalPunctuationDay.com.
The Web site also has links to punctuation products, a "Punctuation Playtime Progam," and punctuation resources.
Note: If there are any punctuation errors in this post, I blame them on the expresso!
- ► 2010 (128)
- Setting Goals -- Reach for the Stars
- FREE Novel Writing Software
- The writing life is a solitary life--Not!
- National Punctuation Day®
- Blog Tour: Morning Coffee with James
- Author Interview with Jean Blackmer
- Roxanne's off to ACFW!
- Christa hanging with me at a booksigning for Bab...
- One Click (Re)Searching
- Book Review: Coming Attractions by Robin Jones Gun...
- Young Writer Sticks to Facts . . . and More
- Writer Mama Back to School Giveaway
- ▼ September (12)
- ► 2008 (209)