headerheaderheaderheader
photo

Friday, November 19, 2010

Take Five: A Dose of Writers Quotes

"A writer should concern himself with whatever absorbs his fancy, stirs his heart, and unlimbers his typewriter . . . . A writer has the duty to be good, not lousy, true, not false, lively, not dull; accurate, not full of error. He should tend to lift people up, not lower them down." ~ E. B. White, American writer


"You must keep sending work out; you must never let a manuscript do nothing but eat its head off in a drawer. You send that work out again and again, while you're working on another. If you have talent, you will receive some measure of success--but only if you persist." ~Isaac Asimov, author



"Writing comes more easily if you have something to say." ~Sholem Asch, novelist and playwright

"Sit down, and put down everything that comes into your head and then you're a writer. But an author is one who can judge his own stuff's worth, without pity, and destroy most of it." ~Colette, French novelist

"Nothing you write, if you hope to be good, will ever come out as you first hoped." ~Lillian Hellman, writer

7 comments:

Heidi Larson Geis said...

I was just reading a bunch of these quotes the other night while looking for inspiration for my MBT Ponderers Blog offering! Thank you for sharing them; I love writing quotes. They make for some great instruction, inspiration, and even a little admonition.

dtopliff said...

Appreciate your faithfulness in remodeling, continuing. Wonderful material. Thanks for your faithfulness.

Terri Tiffany said...

I love these quotes and they are much needed right now in my writing life, Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving such a kind comment. I have seen your name for years and it was good to really read more about you and see what you write.Blessings!

Unknown said...

It 's the most wonderful article I have read in recent time, and it will be better if more introductions of the alfred angelo plus size 2008w wedding dress areavailable. I want to buy a alfred angelo plus size 2003w wedding dress, and could you be so kind as to help me?

My Private Shit said...

I googled my name out of curiosity and came across this post. I searched just my first and last name, Bethani Vogt, only to find the name Beth K. Vogt on this blog. What are the odds... My middle name is Krista.

My Private Shit said...

I googled my name out of curiosity and came across this post. I searched just my first and last name, Bethani Vogt, only to find the name Beth K. Vogt on this blog. What are the odds... My middle name is Krista.

Nitin Patidar said...

One more thing I'd like to add, is that any time some people start mastering this topic and so are not seeing any results, they start to quit. And this is not how it should be. Even if you're not getting positive results at first, keep it up for few months till you see good authority blogs like this where you can get enough suggestions that could hadly be come across even in the most expensive information products.

Please visit http://clippingpathsource.com/ to know more about clipping path service.