Most writers I know love to read.
We also love to read about writing. It's one way we hone our craft.
OnlineUniversities.com compiled a list: 75 Books Every Writer Should Read.
Here are a few they recommend:
- Word Painting: A Guide to Writing More Descriptively by Rebecca McClanahan
- Plot and Structure by James Scott Bell
- The Faith of a Writer: Life, Craft, Art by Joyce Carol Oates
- The Artful Edit: On the Practice of Editing Yourself by Susan Bell
- The Pen Commandments: A Guide for the Beginning Writer by Steven Franks
- How to Grow a Novel: The Common Mistakes Writers Make and How to Overcome Them by Sol Stein
- How to Write Science Fiction and Fantasy by Orson Scott Card
- Keeping a Journal You Love by Sheila Bender
- The Right to Write: An Invitation an Initiation into the Writing Life by Julia Cameron
What about you? How many of these books have you read? Which ones do you endorse?