Searching for just the right word to polish your work in progress?
Take at look at the updated eleventh edition of Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary.
Both the online and print editions have added almost 100 new words to America's best-selling dictionary.
What areas are covered by the new words?
Health and Medicine:
sock puppet (Really--check the definition out and see its connection to online activities. I had no idea!)
Just FYI words:
staycation (What kind of vacation I'm having the summer!)
- ► 2010 (128)
- Writers on Writing
- What's on Your (Character's) Mind?
- Tools You Can Use: Make Any Web Page Print Friendl...
- What to do with bad reviews
- Get in Late, Get Out Early
- Overcome Deadline Stress, Laugh!
- Bestselling author Elmore Leonard's 10 tricks for ...
- Retire "Tired" Words
- Will Kanye Read His Own Book?
- New Words!
- Travel Etiquette and Your Novel
- Blog Tour: Sunset Beach
- Book Review: Rest by Keri Wyatt Kent
- ▼ July (13)
- ► 2008 (209)