"And by the way, everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt" —Sylvia Plath
By Scoti Springfield Domeij
We've Come a Long Way, Baby
When Gutenberg invented the printing press, it made the Bible and books available to the every day man. In The Wall Street Journal, author Steven Johnson wrote, "While we now possess terabytes of data at our fingertips, we have nonetheless drifted further and further away from mankind's most valuable archive of knowledge: the tens of millions of books that have been published since Gutenberg's day." Read his article "How the E-Book Will Change the Way We Read and Write."
Create. Publish. Share Your Own EBook.
Like the digital music revolution, myebook.com, a free eBook creation and publishing platform with social networking features, gives back total control to the content creator and the reader. Some say everyone has a book in them. If that is true, then MyEbook, allows anyone to publish his or her book with a single button and release it to the world before the (virtual) ink's dry.
Once you register and launch the application, you can choose how many pages your book will be and whether you want to use a template or a blank canvass. You can create from scratch, beautifully simple or adventurously complex page designs and covers online, in no time. If you failed to select enough pages, it's easy to add more pages. The many ways to use myebook.com is as unlimited as your imagination.
- Photo albums
- Children's books
- Instruction manuals
- Family photo albums
- A child documents a family trip
- Personal or corporate publications
- A student's short story in English class
- Free browser-based eBook publishing platform
- Upload and publish your eBooks online with just one click
- Include beautiful colors and graphics
- Link to videos, audio, documents, images and flash files from the eBook
- Nothing to install or download
- Join and interact with the community
- Browse eBooks published by other members
- Receive feedback on your eBook
- Lists your eBook in their library section
- Over 1100 published eBooks
- Browse eBooks by popularity or category (Business, History, Travel, etc.)
- View and read eBooks online on a sleek eBook viewer
- Register to post comments and create your own eBook
Myebook Facebook Application
Add your eBooks to your Facebook profile. Send your eBook to colleagues. Put all your Facebook photos into a slick, page turning eBook with the click of a mouse. Then publish and share it with family and friends.
Ebook Price Comparison Site
If you decide to publish an eBook, how do you price it? Ebookprice.info is an online eBook price comparison site. After evaluating eBooks comparable to yours, you can determine a competitive cost.
- Search by author, book title or ISBN
- Search results are sorted by device type: Kindle, Adobe, Mobipocket, Microsoft, Palm and PDF
- Compare eBook prices across popular eBook stores—Amazon, eBooks.com, Diesel, eReadable and Powell's
- No registration