Calvin: You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.
Hobbes: What mood is that?
Calvin: Last-minute panic.— Bill Watterson
Put the Prod into Productivity
- Need to write an article or chapter, but the words refuse to emerge?
- Spend hour after hour trying to crank out your writing project?
- Lack the inspiration to write in spite of a looming deadline?
- Stare at a blank screen with writer's block?
- Find it difficult to sit down and write?
- Get easily distracted from writing?
- Admit to being a lazy writer?
- Over think your writing?
Tough Love for Procrastinators or Writer's Block
Then Dr. Wicked's Write or Die will prod you to churn out words. You set a word count or time goal, or both. Then you set a Gentle, Normal or Kamikaze mode.
When you stop typing in the writing window, Write or Die gives you a grace period, and then introduces consequences. A pop up text box reminds you to write in the Gentle Mode. Normal mode introduces a red screen and screams annoying music. Kamikaze consequences? Your document starts to unwrite itself, one word at a time. Electric Shock mode doesn't work. It's a joke.
Once you close the writing window, it asks you to copy your text to a clipboard that you can paste into a Word document. This could be a serious salvation tool for NaNoWriMo fiction writers.